Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Rate All 6 Projects

#1- Assignment 5: The Bolex Long Take- Now while I didn't get the chance to do second sensory element for my long take, which would have been really fun, It was still my favorite project. I love film, actual celluloid film, and I love shooting on film. Just the process of shooting on 16mm film, developing it, and then getting to project it all in one day was absolutley magical. Yes, magical. 

#2- Assignment 1: Direct Film Manipulation- After taking 302 experimental and getting to see the works of some legendary experimental filmmakers who directly manipulate film, I was was dying to get to try to do it myself. It was just as hard as I thought it would be, but actually getting to do it myself gives me a while new respect for those filmmakers who make amazing directly manipulated films.

#3- Assignment 2: Rhythmic Edit- I really liked the concept for this assignment.Doing self portraits is always fun,  but its a lot different when you are doing a self portrait of someone else. I enjoyed filming this one though as we got a ton of creative freedom while shooting. Editing was really interesting because I never had to edit like that before, but it was interesting to see the different rhythms that I created and also what other people created. 

#4- Assignment 6: 3D Anaglyph- I never thought I would get the chance to make a 3D movie, but we did and it was a ton of fun. I really like how we did the 3D the old school way and actually creating the 3D composition in After Effects really gave me some more insight into how 3D really works. It was one of those things that I didn't understand until I actually saw it happen. Creating the sound design for this project was really fun too, and I liked the whole idea of having a different genre for the sound design.

#5- Assignment 4: Crowdsourcing- The concept for this one was also really interesting. I really liked the idea and getting to plan our vignettes and then actually build them out of cardboard was a really fun experience. It was handwork, but I really liked how ours turned out in the end and I think the all cardboard thing forced us to have a lot of creativity. Also learning how to use the green screen was a great experience. 

#6- Assignment 3: Animation- Don't get me wrong, this assignment was a ton of fun, but animation just isn't my thing which is why this assignment is rated last. Doing a multilane animation was great experience however and gives me a whole new respect for filmmakers who choose stop motion as a medium. I am also now even more so amazed that it took Wes Anderson only 4 years to animate Fantastic Mr. Fox, it would have taken me at least 20. Doing the sound design was really fun too, definitely had more room for creativity with it being an animation.

Andre- Thanks for a great class. I learned a whole lot more than I was expecting to, and I will certainly be using what I learned in my filmmaking career. Definitely the most fun production class I've taken at UNCW. 

No comments:

Post a Comment